Our Radiologists are among the finest anywhere in the US.
Dr. Patel attended the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and earned a degree in chemical and biomedical engineering. He then attended the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. He continued his medical training at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria, Illinois where he completed his residency in diagnostic radiology. During residency, he completed his mini-fellowships in body, chest, and PET/CT. He also spent time at the Susan G. Komen Breast Center, a leading center for women’s health.
Following completion of his residency program, Dr. Patel attended Indiana University for fellowship training in breast imaging. At Indiana University, he rotated through three breast centers, which provided well-rounded training and exposure to a wide variety of cases and procedures. He has specific training in stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI guided breast biopsies and preoperative needle-wire localizations.
Dr. Patel has taken his knowledge gained at four renown breast centers to further promote the care given at Silver Cross Breast Center. He works closely with a multi-disciplinary team for breast cancer including surgeons, oncologists and radiation oncologists to help facilitate patient care across specialties.
Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Residency: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, IL
Fellowship: Breast Imaging, Indiana University
Board Certification: American Board of Radiology, Board Eligible
- Society of Breast Imaging
- American College of Radiology
- Academy of Radiology Leadership and Management
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Roentgen Ray Society
Honors and Awards:
- Academy of Radiology Leadership and Management, Certificate of Achievement, 2016
- Representative for Central Illinois Radiological Society, ACR Annual Meeting, 2014
- Illinois General Assembly Scholarship
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education, Research Appointment at U.S. Army Construction Engineering Laboratory, 2006-2007
- National Dean’s List, 2003-2006
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor’s Society, 2003-2006
Special Clinical Interests:
- Breast Imaging
- Interventional Breast Procedures